14 Small Business Gifts for your Valentine
It’s not for everyone, but in this grey start to 2021, I don’t think I’m alone in thinking we should make this Valentine’s something to celebrate – best excuse we’ve had in a while.
In no particular order I’ve listed up some lush small businesses* where you can find your Lockdown Lover a special treat to open this Valentine’s.
*I’ve also included some hospitality venues who are offering Valentine’s takeaway options, though they aren’t “small” businesses they do still need our support.
Something for your home…
Set the scene for your perfect weekend at home, whether that’s a dressed-up dining room dinner for two, a cosy cuddle on the couch or a movie night with snacks.
- Aroma Candle Co. have the perfect signature scents for every home. Mixed and perfectly poured. Their candles are supersized for long lasting scents, for a weekend in. You can also buy the scents in wax melts, and they have a lovely selection of accessories for keeping your wick trimmed and your melt meticulous.
- Looking to get cosy, there can’t be anything better than a big blanket for the settee. Knit Knot North handcraft the best chunky knit blankets, snoods and scarves. They come in various sizes and have lots of colours to choose from so there’s bound to be the perfect shade for your settee.
- Or what about something floral that will last, something to say I love you forever, The Dry Decor are based in the North East and have the best range of dried flowers and grasses. They’re available as singles or as bouquets too and can be ordered through their website. They also stock an amazing range of homewares, vases, trinkets for every home. You’ll easily wow the other half if you bag them something special from this North East small business.
Something to share…
What about an afternoon tea, a box of baked goods or some special chocolates. These 3 are North East based businesses but I’m sure you’ll have somewhere close to you that you can order from.
- Chocolatrice have the best bar selection this Valentine’s. They also have an option to build your own gift box, including gift wrap & unto 4 bars of their chocolate. You can order direct from their online shop, you can also click & collect if you’re local to their Coxhoe store.
- BRUNCHED have a limited number of slots left for their Valentine’s Afternoon Tea Tray, delivery available 13th & 14th February in Newcastle/Heaton, Sunderland & South Shields, plus surrounding areas. You can order through their Instagram @_brunched
- Jesmond Dene House are doing Valentine’s Afternoon Tea, filled with 4 different sandwich flavours, 2 different scones, and patisseries. My absolute FAV afternoon tea staple is a cheese scone though – can’t beat them. These are £25pp, can be ordered through their website and available for collection from 11th-14th February from JDH.
7. Ramside Hall are doing Valentine’s Rib Room at Home, a four course meal for two including a bottle of wine. Prepared by their award-winning Rib Room chefs. They’re taking orders on their website, and payments are made on the phone by their staff who will call to secure your collection slot. These are bit pricier at £80, but we all have different budgets, and not everyone likes cooking.
8. What about some local gin to share with your Valentine’s meal, WL Distillery based in County Durham are selling a Valentine’s Gift Set, including two heart shaped 40ml miniatures of their handcrafted gin. Pre-order on their website now for delivery from 1st February.
9. If you’re starting 2021 on a more T-total note, how about browsing The Tea Enthusiasts with teas for every palate, gift boxes, strainers, pots & cups, there’s something for everyone on their website. Order now and treat your tea-lover to a new brew on Valentine’s weekend.
Something to wear…
Whether you’re buying for him or her, there’s some gorgeous small businesses creating wonderful wears, and what better way to cheer up lockdown with something new to wear on zoom… least without leaving the house there’s less chance it can get lost.
- Hari & the Gang, if you’re following me on Instagram you may have noticed my new “uniform” is my HATG cowl neck “Hello” hoodie. They’re so comfy that I’ve ordered myself a second one. If you’re not in the market for a hoodie, they also have a wide range of accessories too and are soon to be launching their own range of activewear.
- Tori & Lo Designs is a local lass, based in Newcastle, Vicky creates the most beautiful leather satchels, belts, wallets, bookmarks and much more, give her a follow and treat your lovely lad or lady something extra special.
- Stanley & Maud is one for the ladies who like some simple and subtle jewellery styling. Stamped, polished and styled to perfection with Charlotte’s own hands, a gorgeous necklace, beautiful bangle or tiny new ring would be the perfect treat this Valentine’s, what’s more romantic than new jewellery.
Are you recently engaged and looking forward to some wedding planning with your other half? There’s been a lot of uncertainty in the Wedding World recently but there is nothing wrong with beginning your planning.
- You can buy vouchers on my website toward your Wedding Stationery, your consultation is free and can be done over the phone. Together we can begin bringing your ideas to life, mood boarding your theme and creating stationery that will wow your guests.
- If you’re not quite ready for save the dates & stationery, why not buy your special person a voucher for a consultancy session from The Wedding Taylor, a well experienced and organised wedding and events coordinating who knows EVERYTHING you need for the planning of your special day.
I hope this helped inspire your gift shopping for Valentine’s, or maybe there’s something worth saving for a birthday later this year.